Yields: 25 cookies (approx)
Baking Powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Butter - 300gms
White Sugar, fine granules - 1 1/2 cups
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Vanilla Extract - 2 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Sift together all-purpose flour and baking powder twice together.
- Cut the butter through the sifted flour until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Knead well until it forms a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 dough balls of equal size.
- Roll each ball into 1cm thick disc.
- Using a cookie star shaped cookie cutter, stamp out the stars.
- Place the dough stars on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 -12 minutes until the base starts browning.
- Remove the trays from the oven and place them on cooling rack for about 10 minutes. The cookies which are slightly soft on top will harden as they cool down.
- Serve and preserve the rest in an air tight container.