Black Plums, ripened - 4
Granulated Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Butter - 1 tablespoon
Water - 1 teaspoon
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon Juice - 1/2 teaspoon
Ener - G (Egg Replacer) - 4 1/2 teaspoons
Warm Water - 6 tablespoons
Cake Flour - 1 3/4 cups
Baking Powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Baking Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Fine Granule White Sugar - 1 cup
Soft Butter - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tablespoon
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Cooking Oil - 1/4 cup
Whole Milk - 2/3 cup
8" Round cake pan
- Shred 1 plum, discard the seed.
- In a sauce pan, take sugar and 1 teaspoon water. Heat it until the sugar starts caramelizing.
- When the sugar turn golden brown, add shredded plum, vanilla extract and butter. Stir on medium heat until it thickens little bit. Turn off the heat.
- Add lemon juice, mix well. Keep aside for cooling down.
- Halve the remaining 3 plums, discard the seed and cut them into thin slices. Keep them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250F/180C.
- Grease the cake pan.
- Now to prepare the cake batter, in a small bowl, whisk together Ener - G and warm water. Whisk thoroughly to remove any lumps. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, take cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well until well combined.
- Now cut the soft butter through the flour. Mix it thoroughly until you get a crumbly texture.
- In another bowl, mix together diluted Ener-G, vanilla extract and yogurt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined. If you using an electric mixture, use medium speed while mixing.
- Now add milk slowly and gently mix until well combined. If using an electric mixer, use low speed.
- Now spread the prepared plum sauce evenly on the bottom of the cake pan,
- Arrange the plum slices in a circular fashion with each slice slightly overlapping the other to form one full layer.
- Now pour the batter on top of the plum slices.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake pan from the oven, turn it upside down and place it on a wire rack to cool down.
- Carefully unmould the cake, cut and serve.
Note: To prepare cake flour at home, from every 1 cup of All-Purpose flour, remove 2 tablespoons of flour and add 2 tablespoons of Cornflour. Mix well.