Bottle Gourd/Lauki, peeled and grated - 3 cups (lightly filled)
Whole Milk - 2 cups + 1 tbsp hot milk
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsps
Saffron Strands - 7 to 8
Cashew nuts - 1/8 cup
Raisins - 1/8 cup
- Soak saffron strands in 1 tbsp hot milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Take grated bottle gourd and milk in a pan. P
- Place the pan on flame, stirring occasionally. Make sure the pan is big enough as the milk might spill out while boiling. Cook it until all the milk solidifies.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder. As the sugar melts, the mixture will get watery and eventually solidify.
- When the sugar solidifies, the liquid content in the mixture will reduce and will start coming together to form a lump.
- Now add ghee, saffron milk, cashew nuts and raisins.Start stirring continuously until it forms a lump and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot. This can be stored for 2-3 days, if stored in air tight container once cooled to room temperature.