Red Chillis - 30
Coriander Seeds - 4 tbsp
Bengal Gram - 1 1/2 tbsp
Black Gram - 1 tbsp
Cumin - 1 tsp
Methi seeds - 1 tsp
Dessicated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Curry Leaves - 15
Asafoetida Gum - 2 green-peas sized portions
Oil - 2 tsps
- Dry roast dessicated coconut on medium flame until it browns slightly.
- Heat 2-3 drops of oil and roast all the ingredients separately on medium flame. Do not leave the ingredients unattended as they might get burnt. The red chillis and curry leaves must turn crisp. All the other ingredients must turn slightly brown. Immediately transfer each ingredient into a plate and allow them to cool down completely.
- Blend the roasted spices into smooth powder.
- Transfer into a bowl and using a spoon mix well.
- If the powder is warm due to blending, allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Store in an air tight container and use as required.