Farlfalle - 1 pound
Garlic Cloves - 5 large
Almonds - 10
Cilantro, chopped - 1 1/2 cups
Olive Oil - 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Flakes - 1 teaspoon (t increase spice level, add 1/2 teaspoon more)
Parmesan Cheese, grated - 2 tablespoons
- To prepare Pesto, take garlic cloves in a blender. Pulse to get a coarse paste. Do not add water.
- Now add almonds and blend to get a coarse pate.
- Now add cilantro. DO NOT add water. Pulse the blender a few times until the leaves are well shredded.
- Now pour olive oil and blend until well combined. Do not make the pesto too smooth.
- Transfer the pesto into a bowl.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt and red chilli flakes. Mix well. Keep it covered. This can be refrigerated for upto a day.
- Take 7-8 cups of water in a large pot. Bring it to boil.
- Add a little salt (keep in mind that the prepared Pesto has salt already added) and Farfalle. Cook until the the pasta is soft but firm and still holds shape; al dente.
- Transfer the cooked Farfalle into a colander to drain out the water. Do not keep it for too long as the pasta will cool down.
- Take Farfalle in a large mixing bowl, pour 1 tablespoon oilve oil. Toss gently.
- Add prepared pesto. Mix gently to combine well.
- Serve hot.