Whole Wheat Flour - 3 cups + for dusting
Instant Active Dry Yeast - 2 tablespoons
Milk Powder - 2 tablespoons
Sugar (Brown/White, small granules) - 4 tablespoons
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Olive Oil - 3 tablespoons (you can use sunflower oil instead) + greasing
Lukewarm Water - 325 ml
A metal/glass bowl
Baking Loaf Tins - 2 tins of 2lb or 1 tin of 4lb
Thin kitchen cloth/muslin cloth to cover the dough
- Grease the loaf tins. Keep aside.
- Take whole wheat flour, yeast. milk powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix it thoroughly using a whisk.
- Add oil and lukewarm water. Knead well into a soft dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead thoroughly for good 10- 15 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a large ball and place it in the greased bowl. Cover the dough ball with the kitchen cloth and place it in a warm place for about 30mins for the volume of the dough to double.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough ball for about a minute.
- Shape the dough like that of the loaf tin. Ensure that the top surface is smooth.
- Place the tin in a warm place for 30 more minutes, until the dough has rise above the tin level.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425F/220C.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the loaf if firm and browned on the surface. When you tap the bottom of the tin, it should sound hollow.
- Place the tin on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Unmould, slice and serve as you like.