Cornflour - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Whole Milk - 1000 ml
Granulated Sugar - 1 cup + 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tablespoon
Heavy Cream - 500 ml
Strawberries - 10
Raspberries - 15
Blueberries - 20
Two flat bottomed containers with lids
- Take cornflour in a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons of whole milk. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Bring the remaining milk to boil.
- Set the flame to medium, add diluted cornflour mixture, mix quickly so that no lumps are formed. Boil it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sugar and boil it until it melts.
- Add vanilla extract, mix well and turn off the heat. Allow it cool down to room temperature.
- Take heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whisk it thoroughly until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the whisked heavy cream to the completely cooled milk. Mix gently until well combined.
- Now blend all the berries and 1/4 cup sugar. Blend until you get a coarse puree.
- Add the pureed berries to the milk and cream mixture. Mix gently until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a flat bottomed container, cover with a lid and freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Take small portion of frozen mixture, cut into small pieces if required, using a blender, blend it until it is soft without any lumps. Be quick, do not let the mixture melt down. Transfer the blended mixture into another flat bottomed container. Repeat this for the remaining mixture. Do not let it melt down at any point. If you feel the blended mixture is melting down while blending the other portions, place the container with blended mixture in freezer until you are done blending the next portion. When you are done blending all the mixture, cover the container with the lid and place it in the freezer. If you a a ice cream maker/churner, use it instead of blender as directed by the manufacturer. Freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Before serving take the container out from the freezer and place it in the normal cooling section of refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes, scoop and serve as you desire.